Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm stuffed! We have had our Thanksgiving dinner, an enormous turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, cauliflower, corn and baked sweet potatoes. Both of us are replete with dinner and the apple pie and ice cream planned for dessert, will have to wait. I'm thankful for the abundance of food, for the luxury of being able to cook a festive dinner and enjoy it in peace. I am thankful that I live in a country where folks mostly get along. There isn't a war going on around me like there is in some parts of the world. I am thankful that I have the freedom to do things I enjoy doing like tatting. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who supports my efforts in whatever I attempt.

As good as all that is, I am most thankful that Jesus laid aside His Divine nature and became a man showing us how to live. Then He died as a sacrifice for all mankind that whoever would choose to believe in Him could come under that banner of His love and forever be united to God. I am thankful that I made that choice and was accepted into the family of God. I am thankful that every day He is my source and my supply. He meets all my needs and his well of love never runs dry, He is never too tired to listen, never too weak to save. On the contrary, the same power that allowed him to take His life back up again after He laid it down as a sacrifice for all, works now in Him to bring all mankind to Himself.

Thank You God! You're the Greatest!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon!

Ridgewoman said...

We are moving toward Thanksgiving; but I'm thankful for God's unending grace, in Christ and celebrate with you. In Him, XX Bev

Kathy Raker said...

Amen! Well said.